Solving the Unsolvable: Enabling the Fully Connected Digital Lab
The digital lab concept has been existed decades, and progress has been made in many areas. The full power and benefits of this technology have yet to be realized since there is no single platform that can link all of the disparate hardware and software that makes up a typical scientific laboratory.
For example, how do you get your balance to talk to your network? Ask it to weigh in? Or your pH meter? Ask it for basic information? If only it were that easy.
Creating digital workflows on the fly requires a new paradigm – a platform that connects the constellation of:
- Lab equipment, such as balances and pH meters
- Instruments, like chromatographs, spectrophotometers, and plate readers
- Software, including data acquisition and reporting systems, LIMS, and electronic lab notebooks
Because labs have purchased products from different manufacturers over time, this architecture also must be vendor-agnostic regarding communication protocols, and file formats. It must seamlessly integrate everything so scientists can translate data from these different sources into knowledge that enables them to make better, faster, more informed decisions to meet their objectives.
You may think this is a nearly impossible set of criteria to meet. These obstacles were insurmountable in the past. But today? Not so much. Scitara is making sure of that. Our mantra is “No instrument or application left behind.” We haven’t encountered an instrument or application that couldn’t be quickly added to our digital backbone and we don’t think we ever will.
Scitara was founded with the singular goal of providing products and services that help labs implement a truly cohesive, comprehensive, and secure digital ecosystem. Our iPaaS for science, with its Digital Lab Exchange DLX™ engine, breaks down entrenched data silos by connecting, orchestrating, and monitoring every piece of hardware on your benches – even those that do not have a communication port – and software that resides on your computers, servers, or the cloud.
Scitara DLX was developed by scientists like you who understand your needs. We knew it had to be flexible and scalable so it can grow as your needs evolve. We knew it had to work with your existing systems and be easy to deploy and configure. And we knew it had to ensure accurate, properly structured data models that could be used to feed artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
So what does all this mean for your lab?
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Simplified workflows with dashboards for easy monitoring
- Reduced risk with enhanced data integrity and full audit trails
- 360-degree view of the lab at any time
Your IT partners also will benefit from the Scitara approach because it:
- Reduces total cost of ownership
- Simplifies integration of existing and new instruments and applications onto the existing lab architecture (e.g., LIMS)
- Allows real-time monitoring of system and workflow status
- Notifies users of errors or issues that require attention to optimize uptime
Before you take the next step in your digital journey, read our white paper and share it with your IT team. We think it will spark an interesting and enlightening discussion. Then contact us to learn more about how we can help you unleash your lab’s potential.
A New Vision of Digital Transformation